BusinessAdvising.org For Your Company
Drive employee engagement and create real impact.
BusinessAdvising.org gives your company a turnkey solution to offer skills-based volunteer opportunities to your staff. We’re a nonprofit small business accelerator that matches small business owners from economically underserved areas with skills-based volunteer advisors and mentors, just like your staff.
Benefits To Your Company
- A plug-and-play skills-based volunteering platform that your staff can access from anywhere
- Increase your employee engagement: volunteering creates a sense of purpose, and boosts staff morale and employee retention
- Your staff can use their unique skills and hard-earned business knowledge to help business owners create new jobs in lower-income communities
- Studies show that volunteering increases leadership skills and increases staff productivity
- Customized, branded landing page for your program
- Custom data on the impact of your employees’ volunteerism and social impact for CSR and CRA reporting
Support Local Businesses In Your Community
Mentors will work with entrepreneurs to help them troubleshoot, overcome challenges to reaching their goals, and build their network. Your staff members can volunteer their time in ways that work for them: they can meet in person and/or virtually (over the phone, or on Skype, Facetime, etc) with their advising match.
Volunteer advisors donate 5 hours of their time each month, and in the last few years they’ve empowered hundreds of small businesses to create and maintain tens of thousands of jobs for working people in underserved communities.
The Value Of Small Business Mentoring
Mentoring doubles your chances of success.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, only 30% of businesses make it to 10 years. But for small business owners with a mentor, the difference is striking: 70% survive to that ten-year mark, double the rate of other small businesses.
The day-to-day needs of making your business grow,
and making that growth sustainable, are beyond the skills of any one individual. You started a great company — but now that you’re growing, how do you write a business plan? Develop a brand strategy? Having an outside advisor is crucial.
BusinessAdvising.org leverages an online platform and volunteerism
to provide small business owners with high-quality mentoring at no cost that removes geography as a barrier. If your company is in the Bronx, and the best advisor for your business lives in Virginia, BusinessAdvising.org can make that match happen.